Many instructional, literacy, math or leadership coaches are hired because they are strong in their content areas, but lack the coaching skill set needed for the return on investment. Today teachers and students need support during Covid-19 to manage additional emotional, mental and trauma related issues. Administrators, teachers, students and parents are so overwhelmed with the changes, fear and lack of routines that impact their daily lives within family, work, church and community. Resilience training will provide coaches with tools to identify what resilience is and how to cope with the stress, anxiety and pressures in a healthy way to prevent burnout.
Coaching Foundation: Why coaching?
- What is coaching? How is it different from mentoring? What does it look like?
- Coaching competencies and ethics
- Relationships and trust
- Establishing coaching relationships – How do you begin?
- Working with mindset and limiting beliefs
Coaching Basics: What skills do I need to be an effective coach? (Each session includes a coach practice lab.)
- Developing listening skills without judgement
- Developing questioning skills
- Giving and receiving effective feedback (direct communication)
- Goal setting, timeline and measurement – moving forward
- Coaching Cycles
Coaching for Change: (Each session includes a coach practice lab.)
- Resilience needed for Covid-19
- Coach Approaches
- Student centered coaching
- Data coaching/video coaching,
- Looking at teacher and student work – protocols NSRF
- Accountability measures, data analysis
Group Coaching for Coaches: How do I coach groups and teams?
- Intact Groups and Teams
- Dysfunctional Teams
- Peer Coaching
- Student Coaching
Transformational Coaching for Leaders: (Each session includes a coach practice lab.)
- Coaching people to make changes
- Emotional Intelligence
- Coaching Conflict
- Coaching systems change
- Coaching the school improvement process: vision, strategic planning and accountability measures.
Contact me for detailed course descriptions and pricing information.